I obtained a degree of engineering from Ecole Polytechnique (Palaiseau, France) in 1992, and a PhD in Cognitive Sciences from Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales (Paris, France) in 1997 under the direction of Prof. Yves Samson at CEA-SHFJ, Orsay. I joined Prof. Robert Zatorre’s lab at the Montreal Neurological Institute (McGill University, Canada) as a postdoctoral fellow, and obtained tenure at the Département de Psychologie at Université de Montréal in 2001 as an assistant-professor.
I was named full professor in the Psychology Department at Glasgow University in August 2005. I head the Voice Neurocognition Laboratory; our research investigates the psychological and cerebral bases of the amazing ability of human listeners to extract information from voices.
- Paquette, S., Peretz, I., & Belin, P. (2013) The "Musical Emotional Bursts": a validated set of musical affect bursts to investigate auditory affective processing. Frontiers in Psychology, 4:509.
- Giordano, B.L., McAdams, S., Zatorre, R.J., Kriegeskorte, N., & Belin, P. (2013) Abstract encoding of auditory objects in cortical activity patterns. Cerebral Cortex, 23(9):2025-37.
- Watson, R., Latinus, M., Noguchi, T., Garrod, O., Crabbe, F., & Belin P. Dissociating task difficulty from incongruence in face-voice emotion integration. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, 7:744.
- Latinus, M., McAleer, P., Bestelmeyer, P., & Belin, P. (2013) Norm-based coding of voice identity inm human auditoru cortex. Current Biology, 23(12):1075-80 .
- Audiovisual integration of identity information from the face and voice: behavioural, fMRI and MEG studies. BBSRC. Co-Is Belin, Gross
- Cerebral processing of affective nonverbal vocalizations: a combined fMRI and MEG study. BBSRC. Co-Is Belin, Gross
- Lifelong changes in the cerebral processing of social signals. MRC. Co-Is Belin, Grosbras, Rousselet